[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Exporting bib records to blacklight discovery layer

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Thu Jun 11 14:22:25 EDT 2015

Hi all,

We're looking to launch a blacklight-based discovery layer this fall,
and looking for the best way to get a regular dump of bib records
going.

Would this be a case where we'd just want a script to run nightly that
creates a list of appropriate Bib IDs, then calls the marc_export
support script?  Or is there a better way to handle this?

I am particularly curious about how to handle deletions, given that we
are just one library in a consortial setting.  The 'd' in the LDR/05
wouldn't necessarily work, because other libraries in the consortium
could still have holdings attached to that bib record after we delete
our holdings.

Incidentally, is anybody else on this list using Blacklight (or VuFind
or something else solr-based) as a discovery layer with Evergreen?  If
so, I'd love to hear any pointers you can provide.

Thanks for your help,

   -Jane

--
Jane Sandberg