[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Patron guides to the OPAC

James Keenan jkeenan at cwmars.org
Fri Jun 26 12:54:49 EDT 2015

Hi Jennifer,

We've made quite a few patron help documents. You can see them here: http://www.cwmars.org/content/using-online-catalog

Here's a list of everything currently available on http://www.cwmars.org .

Searching the Online Catalog
    The Online Catalog: The Basic Search Screen
    The Online Catalog: Basic Search Tips
    Basic Search Tips cheat sheet (PDF - Right Click to Save)
    All About Basic Search in the Catalog (PDF - Right Click to Save)
    What do I do if there are no results for my search?
    What does "sort by relevance" mean?
    Troubleshooting the "Stay logged in" feature of the catalog

Browsing the Online Catalog
    How to Browse the Catalog

Holds
    How to Place Holds
    Suspending, Activating, and Cancelling Holds
    Advanced Hold Options
    Group Formats and Editions

Renewing Materials
    Renewing Materials through the online catalog

Your Online Account
    How do I get an Online Account?
    Logging in to Your Account
    Forgot your password?
    The My Account page
    Account Preferences -- Personal Information
    Account Preferences -- Notification Preferences
    Account Preferences -- Search & History
    My Account (PDF document - Right Click to Save)
    What if I can't get into My Account?
    Why Don't I Get Email Notices?

The My Lists Page
    The My Lists Page
    Creating a List
    Seeing Your List in the Catalog
    Setting a Default List
    Adding to an Existing List
    The Temporary List
    Moving Items from a Temporary List
    Actions for Items on Your Lists
    Sorting Items on Your Lists
    Adding a Note to a List Item
    Deleting an item from a list
    Deleting a List
    Downloading a CSV file
    Sharing Your List

SMS Messaging
    Sending yourself a text message from the online catalog

Jim

Jim Keenan
Library Applications Supervisor
jkeenan at cwmars.org
508-755-3323 x23

C/W MARS
67 Millbrook St., Suite 201
Worcester, MA 01606

   Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.
Currently reading Becoming Queen Victoria  by Kate Williams.