[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] srfsh% login USER PASSWORD wont authenticate

Howard Canning hcanning at bluehills.org
Sat Mar 7 11:26:28 EST 2015

*Assuming my server IP is e.g. 20.21.22.23 and my personal PC IP public
address is e.g. 50.60.70.80*

I dont quite get the public.localhost thing.

instructions suggest adding:

127.0.1.2  public.localhost public
127.0.1.3 private.localhost private

...such that /etc/hosts reads:

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1       ubuntu
127.0.1.2  public.localhost public
127.0.1.3 private.localhost private
::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

but should I be changing this to

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1       ubuntu
20.21.22.23  public.localhost public
50.60.70.80 private.localhost private
::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

I'm lost.

*Regarding the below...*

ejabberdctl register router private.localhost tempPassword123

ejabberdctl register opensrf private.localhost tempPassword123

ejabberdctl register router public.localhost tempPassword123

ejabberdctl register opensrf public.localhost tempPassword123

Do I need to specify something else for public.localhost and update some
files someplace? For now I just want to get the basic install working and
see the Evergreen ILS at e.g. http://20.21.22.23 in my browser.

Thanks