[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] srfsh% login USER PASSWORD wont authenticate

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Sat Mar 7 13:10:19 EST 2015

Hi Howard,

So, for the ejabberd communications, they are actually flexible enough
to allow you to send messages to/from any host you configure for it.
The default instructions assume that you're setting up a single server
to run Evergreen (not multiple servers in a cluster).  As such, the
entries for public.localhost and private.localhost are intentionally
127.0.x.x so that they're internal to the server, and not exposed as
external communications.  Also, ejabberd by default may not be
configured to listen from external sources.

So, when you connect with an Evergreen system, via the IP address, the
apache web server should be replying, not ejabberd.

In your example, you won't want your Linode's public IP or your
client's private IP reflected in the ejabberd configuration.  You
should follow the instructions as suggested for the best working
solution.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum