[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Upgrade Script for 2.6.4 to 2.7

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Sat Mar 7 13:20:40 EST 2015

Hello,

So the upgrade scripts are intended to be done sequentially as written
due to certain limitations in the build process of Evergreen currently
(this is still under community discussion).  So unfortunately, if
you're already on 2.6.4, then you may have some small edits necessary
to perform the upgrade from 2.6 series to 2.7 series.  If I recall
correctly, you should be able to the run the 2.6.3-2.7 script without
problems, but when you try to do the 2.7.0-2.7.1 script, it might
cause conflicts because some of the changes in the 2.7.0-2.7.1 might
already have been done during the 2.6.3-2.6.4 script.

In situations like these, most system administrators will manually
compare the differences between the conflicting upgrade scripts and
make edits to the files as necessary to "skip" anything that's already
been done and doesn't need to be re-done.

Long-term, the developer community needs to complete discussions about
how to make the database upgrade process cleaner between major version
shifts, but this is the present reality.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Evergreen Systems Manager