[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] adding books and materials to library catalog

Howard Canning hcanning at bluehills.org
Mon Mar 9 12:40:44 EDT 2015

Hi All,
So I'm evaluating Evergreen 2.7.4 for my school library and am testing
adding books but so far importing them from Z39 appears to be the only way.
I suppose I expect if I type in Algebra I'd get 100's pf books in the
search results but I just get 1 with all the checkboxes checked.
How do I add a book manually and whats the best method to have access to
1000s of titles like say Amazon.com?
How best can I use Evergreen as I basically want to be able to have an
inventory of the books on the shelves but most most get found on the Z39
look up.
I suspect I'm missing something with Evergreen
Thanks