[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Resetting karma in IRC

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Mon May 18 10:28:23 EDT 2015

Well, another example outside of Code4Lib's is Launchpad, where your karma
there also lessens over time if you do not continue to contribute to bugs,
translation, etc. So it reflects more accurately the participation efforts
of the moment, than full history.

To me, this is not about erasing past good work; the Community remembers.
But this reset gives new folks an even place in the game, which karma in
channel really is just for fun. Till someone offers cookies for top karma
winners next conference... (half-kidding)

Personally, I look forward to competing with everyone. ;)

-- Ben

Sent from my Nexus 6