[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Duplicate entry in authors.tt2 (is this bug 958954?)

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Thu May 28 14:41:57 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

Quick check if you have a moment?  I'm working on TPAC cleanups for our consortium and am noticing title results that include duplicate author notations such as this:

Hillenbrand, Laura,<http://blanchester-training.cool-cat.org/eg/opac/results?query=Hillenbrand%20%20Laura;qtype=author> author. (Author). Herrmann, Edward, 1943-<http://blanchester-training.cool-cat.org/eg/opac/results?query=Herrmann%20%20Edward%201943;qtype=author> narrator. (Added Author)

Doing some digging around, this looks to me like Bug #958954 (see: https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/958954)

-------------------------

Has anyone encountered this?  Do you think this bug is the same thing?

I can fix this somewhat by going into the authors.tt2 file and removing the default label, but with that approach, if there is nothing in the subfield, then there will be zero notation after the author's name.

If I look at the details for the bug, Dan mentioned there was a fix released?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have!

--Tony

Tony Bandy
tonyb at ohionet.org<mailto:tonyb at ohionet.org>
OHIONET