[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] In-Process items, centralized cataloging, filling random holds, not in Best Hold Selection order

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Thu Nov 5 15:02:42 EST 2015

Thanks Elaine,   I found out that the issue I was having with the specific title that seemed to fill the wrong hold was because our migrated holds all had a selection_depth of 1, and holds placed post migration have a selection depth of 0.  We had the selection depth included in our Best Hold Selection Sort order, which was sorting the holds based on that, which was prioritizing the holds with a depth of 0.  So the system was working exactly like it should, it just took me a while to figure it why.

I think the problem with checking in as a workstation for each location is that then the items would immediately fill holds and go onto the holdshelf.  Notifying the patron that the item is ready, when it is really in transit.  Maybe the capture local holds as transits checking mod would help with that.

I wish there was a checkin mod like the Suppress Holds and Transit that was just suppresses holds, which would just place the items in transit back to their circ lib.

We will try just sending the items without a transit, and see how that works out.  Thanks for the info.

Josh Stompro - LARL IT Director