[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Telephone notification

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Mon Nov 9 10:14:29 EST 2015

We went live with making automated hold pickup calls 2 weeks ago using the telephony setup included in the Evergreen repo and I love it.  It took me quite a bit of time to setup, there are many pieces to getting it going, but once it is done it works great.  A big huge thank you to Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley and Joe Atzberger for the code and all the docs and examples.

Using flowrout as our SIP provider we can place ~50 calls at a time, and the cost is so cheap, less than a penny a minute.  Along with the fact that the callerID can be customized for each call so customers can redial from the CID and get back to their library make it way way better than our old system that just had a single POTS line.

I ran into some issues with various items, and differences between what is in the docs vs what worked on Debian that I'll try to document also.

I'm working on filling in some of the pieces in the docs that were left as TODO.  I've got the Holidays section done.  https://gist.github.com/stompro/6ac6607c35a32eebbd7a/revisions

I'm also planning on updating the "Rollover of failed notices" section and the revalidation section.  The revalidation seems to just work, I just had to uncomment the line and put in the correct hostname, and calls get validated before they are queued.  I didn't need to do anything to setup the justintime service.

I don't see any docs on setting up the smart retry feature.  Could someone give me an example of how that script is used in the asterisk dialplan.
http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=Open-ILS/src/asterisk/pbx-daemon/eg-pbx-smart-retry.pl;h=9766113994d54bea53d163e9aa7dc7645d926f84;hb=0c9929ed83510f8180144c3935fdcd77f4d609eb

Thanks
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110