[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] E-Books and item records ... again

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Oct 6 10:03:06 EDT 2015

Hi Don,

It depends.

 From your question, I'm assuming you are using Located URIs since the
WATS library can't see your electronic resources.

There is a global flag you can enable to see these electronic resources
when scoped to the consortium (ASLAN), but they won't show up for users
specifically searching the WATS library.

You could add a second subfield 9 with the WATS library to your 856
field. This would continue to display just one URL on the record, but
force it to appear in the WATS library scope. Alternatively, you could
add a second 856 field for the WATS library if you want two URL's to
display: one that should be used for ATS and one that should be used for
WATS.

If you want the resource to appear for all branches, you could put the
consortium in subfield 9 instead of ATS.

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator