[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] E-Books and item records ... again

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Oct 6 10:51:00 EDT 2015

Just providing a bit of clarification on this. If you leave off the
subfield 9, the record will only appear in search results if you are
using a transcendent record source.

What I was describing before was a case where you would solely be using
Located URI's without the transcendent bib source. If you don't use
transcendent record sources, then you can make the records appear
consortium-wide by adding the consortium to the subfield 9.

Many consortia using Located URI's don't use transcendent record sources
because they appear in too many places, including searches limited to
copy locations.

The documentation at
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.9/_cataloging_electronic_resources_8201_8212_8201_finding_them_in_catalog_searches.html
describes the difference between the two methods of exposing electronic
resources.

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier