[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Cursor focus tweak?

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Fri Oct 9 08:13:39 EDT 2015

Hi All,

You know how on the main Evergreen launch page and all of the Search screen
options (except Browse) the cursor is always happily positioned in the
Search text box? I would love to have this same behavior on all results
screens and all Record Summary screens all the time.

When you go to a Record Summary screen from a Results Screen the cursor is
focused in the Search text box (except Browse). However if you go to the
MARC Edit screen, and then return to the Record summary screen, the focus
is no longer in the textbox. Many, many times I have tried to type
unsuccessfully because the cursor wasn't in the textbox.

Further it would be wonderful if any text that has carried over from a
search could be highlighted (Shift/End) That way I can just start typing
again.

Would this be a big fix? Is it something that my IT geniuses could do
easily?

Anybody else like to see this behavior?

Don

--