[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Spine & Pocket label printing - Circulation Sets

Elisabeth Keppler keppleep at forsyth.cc
Fri Oct 9 17:10:35 EDT 2015

Forsyth County (NC) uses the Dymo LabelWriter 450 series.  The printers are
as little as $100 each from some vendors and the labels are available from
many sources for pretty low prices.  It is a thermal solution, but you
don't have to worry about wasting labels on sheets that aren't full and
there's no ink or toner to buy.  Dymo makes a Twin version of the printer
that lets you have two rolls working at once.  It's more expensive (up to
$200) and we use pocket labels very rarely, so I don't think we bought any
of that model.  We just switch out the rolls as needed.  I can't promise
this would be the perfect solution for spine and pocket sets, but the more
options you have, the better.

Good luck!

Lise

--