[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Billing types - why can't I see them?

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Fri Oct 23 15:46:13 EDT 2015

All -

Ok.  I've worked on this for a few days.  The permissions thing was vexing me, but I have sorted that out.   It seems that ALL staff had been assigned the View_Billing_Type for "system" only.   I fixed that.  I've set all staff to see for the "consortium".    However, we STILL cannot see any of the billing types that are system-wide when we go to bill a patron.   Here is the full list in our system:

Name

OrgUnit

Overdue Materials

ASLAN

Long Overdue Coll Fee

ASLAN

Lost Materials

ATS

Lost Materials Proc Fee

ATS

System: Rental

ASLAN

System: Depost

ASLAN

Damaged Item

ASLAN

Damaged Item Proc Fee

ASLAN

Notification Fee

ASLAN

Long-Overdue Materials

ASLAN

Long-Overdue Mat Proc Fee

ASLAN

Library Loan

ATS

Processing Fee

ATS

Booksale

ATS

Adjust Bill

AU-KL

Misc Charge

AU-KL

Damaged Item

ASLAN

   I guess my question is, are these actually ALL system generated and therefore are not appropriate to "bill" a patron?   That would make sense to me.   And so, only the two that we have created from scratch for our OU will show up when we click the "bill patron" button.   But when I notice the others in the Billing Types list that have been probably created by our sister in the consortium (ATS), why don't those show up too when I "bill a patron"?

  If someone can make sense of this, I welcome the enlightenment.

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - Head of ILS nonsense
Kinlaw Library  - Asbury University
1 Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390
859-858-3511 ext. 2269
jlwalz at asbury.edu