[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Need help with z39.5 configuration

Martha Driscoll driscoll at noblenet.org
Mon Oct 26 17:09:22 EDT 2015

Hi John,
This is how I have my z39.50 targets configured for other Evergreen sources:

    name    | label         | code | format | truncation
-----------+----------------------+------+--------+------------
  title     | Title                |    4 |      6 |          1
  isbn      | ISBN                 |    7 |      6 |          1
  issn      | ISSN                 |    8 |      1 |          1
  lccn      | LCCN                 |    9 |      6 |          1
  tcn       | Title Control Number |   12 |      1 |          1
  pubdate   | Publication Date     |   31 |      1 |          1
  item_type | Item Type            | 1001 |      1 |          1
  author    | Author               | 1003 |      6 |          1
  publisher | Publisher            | 1018 |      6 |          1

Martha Driscoll
Systems Manager
North of Boston Library Exchange
Danvers, Massachusetts
www.noblenet.org

On 10/26/2015 4:17 PM, John Clark wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'm with the Maine Balsam Libraries Consortium and although retired,
> still help with trouble shooting, cataloging, etc. I have spent a fair
> amount of time looking online for the z39.50 attributes for an
> Evergreen library to no avail. I am looking specifically for the
> information added for author, word, title and ISBN after creating a
> new Z39.50 resource in server administration.
> To give you a better idea, I have the following after I click on new:
> Code, format, Label , name, truncation and no idea what to add.
>   I would be eternally grateful for this elusive information and it
> might be a good thing to go into documentation down the road. We're
> running 2.8.3 and I'm doing this through the client.
>
> Thank you,
> John Clark

---