[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hold Slip: Source of Notify By

Scott Thomas scott at albright.org
Tue Sep 1 09:28:48 EDT 2015

   Thank you for replying. Here is what my testing has revealed:

1. If the patron has made no attempt to specify notification options and then they (or a staff member on their behalf) places a hold, the Phone Number will default to Daytime Phone in the patron record as well as the Email Address.

2. If a staff member via the staff client changes the defaults under User Settings in the patron record, this new defaults are present the next time the patron places a hold.

3. If the patron, when placing a hold, decides to change, say, the Phone Number on the hold screen, it is in effect only for that hold and does not update User Settings.

4. If the patron logs in and changes their notification options, it does update User Settings.

Do I have this right?

Scott