[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Soft Stalling

Joan Kranich jkranich at cwmars.org
Thu Sep 3 12:16:19 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have a question about the Library Setting Soft Stalling.

If we retarget Holds every 24 hours and set the soft stalling for 2 days will the Hold that has targeted the pickup location's copy target another available/eligible copy in 24 hours or will the Hold continue to target the pickup location's copy until after the 2 days stalling period?

I have found the soft stalling is more effective if set system wide than if it set for an individual library.

Thanks for any information you can share.

Joan

Joan Kranich
C/W MARS Member Services
jkranich at cwmars.org<mailto:jkranich at cwmars.org>