[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Soft Stalling - PINES hold white-paper

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Sep 8 09:35:29 EDT 2015

Josh,

It is actually explained earlier in the document. Proximity is one of two
key misunderstandings (see numbered page 22 (26th page of document)). The
complete sentence on numbered page 23 (27th page) is:

Due to a miscommunication between staff at Equinox Software and GPLS,
proximity was defined as geographic rather than organizational.

Proximity was never geographic but was misunderstood to be so. It has
always been organizational. This misapprehension was one of the issues
that led to the belief amongst PINES libraries that holds didn't work.

I often use the term current when referring to Evergreen functionality
since it can change in the future as well as differing from past
functionality.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager