[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Auto-generated Barcodes

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Fri Sep 11 13:59:22 EDT 2015

Hello Lezlie,

Again, it isn't quite the same as how it works in Vandelay, but there is another built-in method for autogenerating barcodes which can work almost anywhere in Evergreen.  If you try to create (or edit) an item and you use a barcode starting with '@@', the system will automatically set the barcode to '@@[item id]', which by its nature is guaranteed to be unique.  At our library (and in the serials code) we use @@AUTO when we want to auto-generate, but @@ANYTHINGYOUWANT will work  :)

Good luck!
Dan

Daniel Wells
Library Programmer/Analyst