[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 2.9.0 Released

McCanna, Terran tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Wed Sep 16 21:31:29 EDT 2015

Great work Jason and all of the contributors! We're really looking forward to moving to this version!

In fact, we mentioned the new negative balance functionality at our statewide PINES library directors' meeting yesterday and it actually got applause :)

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, GA 30345
404-235-7138
tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

Thanks to the efforts of many contributors, the Evergreen
community is pleased to announce the release of version 2.9.0 of
the Evergreen open source integrated library system. Please visit
http://evergreen-ils.org/egdownloads/ to get it!

This release has many new features and enhancements, including:

* Blanket orders in Acquisitions
* Ability to send alerts to user before their account expires
* More control over when patrons can have negative balances
* Manage Authorities now displays the thesaurus
* Item statistical categories can be set during record import
* More features in the web staff client preview
* Plus, some old, unused code was removed

For more information about what's in this release, check out the
release notes:
http://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/release/RELEASE_NOTES_2_9.html.

Cheers,
Jason
--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlc.org