[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Changing the Currency Symbol

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Tue Sep 29 04:52:53 EDT 2015

Hi Jayaraj

There is a setting in Admin that allows you to set up a currency type  for
the Acquisition, see http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.8/_currency_types.html.
I believe you must have admin_currency_type permission to be able to change
the setting.
After you have set a new currency  you can assign it to any provider.

About fines  it might be more complex:

   - For the patron account display in OPAC you can change the currency in
   the tt2 template /openils/var/templates/ opac/part/header.tt2. Tthere you
   would want to edit the value for "USE money = format" . I would recommend
   not to change the original file but to use overriding the template instead,
   see http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.8/_how_to_override_templates.html
   - In the staff client it is not so easy. For the Czech localization we
    decided to replace the currency symbol $ with  the Czech currency symbol
   when translating the Evergreen into Czech. This  means there is a Czech
   currency symbol displaed in the bills and fines interface of the staff
   client. The Czech translation strings for the bills and  fines are stored
   in /openils/var/web/xul/rel-2_8_2/server/locale/ cs-CZ/circ.properties.
    I suppose editing this file might solve your problem (but of course
   instead of cs-CZ you must choose the appropriate directory depending of the
   localization you use).

Hope this helps

Eva

---
Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz
Tel. +420 211 222 409

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cuni.cz <http://knihovna.jabok.cz>
Tel.  +420 211 222 410

Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2