[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Competition for Evergreen?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Tue Apr 26 15:12:33 EDT 2016

Don,

I personally think it is too early to tell if it will have any effect on
Evergreen or any other ILS solutions, but I will keep an eye on them. Form
the article I picked up that the the Kuali foundation is in essence
abandoning the code they had built so far, and probably starting from
scratch again. They probably have some new code built already and the
article says that they plan to "deliver the initial version of the software
in early 2018."

Like I said I plan to keep an eye on it, but they have a long way to go
since they already have "one strike".

Yamil

Yamil Suarez, MCS
Library Systems Administrator/Developer