[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hold settings

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Tue Aug 2 12:10:33 EDT 2016

On 08/02/2016 10:30 AM, Cerninakova Eva wrote:
> Holdability of the copy can be affected also by  "Reference" flag. When
> "Referece is set to "Yes", the copy is not holdable and can´t circulate
> even if both are set to "yes".

The above is not strictly true, though that is typically the case.

The Reference flag does not prevent holds or circulation outright and
the staff client will not indicate a copy is not holdable just because
ref is true. At least, it shouldn't.

Most sites do set their hold and circ matrix parameters so that
reference items do no fill holds and do not circulate. I know that at
MVLC, they generally do not permit holds but some libraries allow them
to circulate overnight or even up to a week.

Jason