[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds Go Home

Joan Kranich jkranich at cwmars.org
Mon Aug 8 12:30:00 EDT 2016

Hi,

We use the Library Setting Best-hold selection sort order and set it for Traditional with Holds-go-home.  We have set the Max foreign-circulation time to 2 months and it appears to work well.

Does anyone know if the max foreign circulation time begins when the item is set in transit to another library or when the item is checked out at the other (nonowning) library?

Here’s the description in the system:

Max foreign-circulation time
Time a copy can spend circulating away from its circ lib before returning there to fill a hold (if one exists there)

And from the Evergreen documentation:

The Holds-go-home and Holds-always-go-home options allow libraries to determine how long they want to allow items to transit outside of the item’s home library, before it must return to its home library to fulfill any holds that are to be picked up there. Libraries can set this time limit in the library setting Holds: Max foreign-circulation time. The Library Settings Editor can be found under Admin → Local Administration → Library Settings Editor.

Thanks.
Joan

Joan Kranich
Member Services Supervisor