[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Custom Org Unit Trees

Jackson, Robert RJackson at library.IN.gov
Fri Feb 5 10:29:40 EST 2016

Hi all,

Hoping someone can tell me if it is possible to use the Custom Org Unit Trees to create a list of branches to assist in maintaining which branches are subscribed to a specific service (such as Hoopla).  The thought here is to create a system level entry (Hoopla) and add the participating branches under Hoopla without messing up the Opac Org Unit tree?

For example: Hoopla is system level entry/shortname

Branch1 Branch2 and Branch3 are Hoopla subscribers.

All Bib records from Hoopla are added with an 856 entry with $u Link to item, $y text to display and $9 as Hoopla

This would make updates to the sites subscribed be as simple as changing the Custom Org Tree as opposed to dumping all Hoopla bibs and redoing the 856 entries with multiple $9 values per site.

I appreciate any thoughts in this regards!

Robert J. Jackson
Systems Administrator Int.
Indiana State Library
http://library.in.gov<http://library.in.gov/>