[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Early stages: re-organizing the official documentation

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Thu Jan 7 00:26:55 EST 2016

Hi Evergreen colleagues!

A while back, a group of us chatted on IRC about the possibility of
re-organizing the official documentation to be more useful to
Evergreen users of all stripes.

Remingtron and I put together a draft layout that splits the
documentation into 6 overlapping books, each with a specific type of
user in mind (e.g. acquisitions staff, local administrator, consortial
administrator, etc.)  That can be found here:
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:reorg_2014:audience_focused_layout

Sitka also does a good job targeting its documentation to specific
types of users: http://docs.sitka.bclibraries.ca/Sitka/current/html/

We'd love to hear what you think about re-organizing the official
documentation into a more audience-focused layout.  We are still
definitely in the beginning stages of this, and would love to have you
and your ideas in this discussion.

Respond to this email, or add your ideas here:
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:reorg_2014

FYI, the condensed minutes from the previous meeting can be found here
-- http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2015/evergreen.2015-02-19-13.01.html
-- and the full log can be found here:
http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2015/evergreen.2015-02-19-13.01.log.html

   -Jane