[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hourly circulation of items

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Jan 14 12:53:17 EST 2016

Hi all,

Two of the MassLNC partners use hourly loan rules for reserves
materials. They may be able to speak more specifically as to how they
configured their loan rules (I believe both are using circ modifiers as
Yamil described).

One of the drawbacks to the hourly loan rules is that, if users don't
return materials by day's end, the hourly fines continue to accrue
overnight. There is a but report on this at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1064679.

> I hope this makes sense, and I wonder how others have solved the same
> request. One thing I don't like is that we have two OUs living inside
> of a physical library. Therefore I have to keep circ machines set up
> for the both OUs to avoid having items being put on transit all the
> time.
Yamil, they don't use separate OUs handling reserves material, but I did
want to point out that there is functionality that allows you to
suppress transits between different OUs. The original bug is at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/850461. I haven't looked at it
in a while and don't recall exactly where the setting is to suppress the
transits.

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier