[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Blocking renewal of items that are overdue in TPAC

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Jul 5 10:27:56 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 1:11 AM, Jayaraj JR <jayaraj at iisertvm.ac.in> wrote:
> 1. What setting is to be done for blocking the renewal of overdue items
> through TPAC

You can configure a standing penalty to block renewal of overdue items
-- in the staff client, go to Admin | Local Administration | Group
Penalty Thresholds and add a PATRON_EXCEEDS_OVERDUE_COUNT threshold.
Note that when testing this, you will need to open the patron in the
staff client and use the refresh button to generate the penalty.

> 2. What customization/ change is to be done for activating the Purchase
> Request for books through TPAC. I have seen some Evergreen catalogs where
> the link for suggesting book for library is displayed in TPAC

At present, Evergreen does not support entering purchase requests from
TPAC; they can be entered only via the staff client. I believe that
libraries that have a purchase request link on their TPAC are
typically just linking to an external form.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt