[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Seeking funding partners for Evergreen search project

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Mon Jul 18 09:34:22 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm sending along an update on these search projects that MassLNC would
like to fund. To get everything started, MassLNC has contracted with
Equinox to perform work for the first two projects: investigatory work
for infrastructure improvements for search and development to follow up
on on the results of that investigatory work.

We are still looking for partners to help us fund the third project: a
search and display infrastructure project.

This project will change the way we configure indexes for the keyword
class, allowing us to 'kill the blob' that is currently used as the
default keyword index. It will also implement the Metabib Display Fields
development. Expected end results of this project are to 1) Allow sites
to more easily weight fields in a keyword search 2) Use Metabib Display
Fields to render the catalog's search results and record detail pages 3)
Add the ability to use proper case in reports, 4) Add the ability to
highlight search terms in the search results page and the record details
page.

Although MassLNC has funds to contribute to the third project, it is a
large infrastructure project that we cannot fund on our own. If your
organization is interesting in helping fund improvements to Evergreen
search, feel free to contact me off list and I'll send details along to you.

Thanks!
Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier