[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Selfcheck questions

Chauncey Montgomery chauncey at yourcl.org
Thu Jun 2 14:03:52 EDT 2016

As we have begun to implement selfcheck, I have hit some snags and could
use a little direction.  I was hoping some of you with more experience
could shed some light on the following items.

1.  We're trying to get selfcheck to ignore copy alert messages, etc.,
so patrons don't see "Unable to check out item [BARCODE]. Please see
staff," every time there is an issue.  We put the value
"COPY_ALERT_MESSAGE" in the "selfcheck override events list" in the
Library Settings Editor.  When a barcode is scanned, we no longer get
the error; however, nothing happens.  The check out doesn't complete.
In researching the issue, I came across a thread on the listserv
(http://markmail.org/message/5wjs5ffyjgykx46z).  It appears to be the
same issue, but I didn't see a resolution.

2.  How do you configure selfcheck to accept patron barcodes and not
their login names?

Thanks for any assistance.

CM
--
Chauncey G. Montgomery, MLIS
Director/Fiscal Officer | Community Library