[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen translations by the numbers

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlcstaff.org
Fri Jun 3 09:11:59 EDT 2016

On 06/02/2016 08:45 PM, Galen Charlton wrote:
> [1] Completeness. If a translation is (say), over 70% complete, it gets shipped.
> [2] Activity. If a translation has been updated within the past year
> or is known to have folks actively working on it (even if they may be
> a little slow), the completeness threshold can be lower (say, 50%).

I agree pretty much and I assume that 70% and 50% are just off the cuff
guestimations for now, but I want to add that en-CA and en-GB should
probably be made exceptions to any completeness threshold. They may
require less work since the principle differences are spellings of
certain words and not so much in usage. Depending on how the
completeness is calculated, I'd expect these two translations to be less
complete than others.

The above is likely true for any en-* variation that may crop up later.

As for the translations coordinator position, that sounds like a good
idea to me.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlcstaff.org

Please note my new email address.