[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Batch deleting records

Blake Henderson blake at mobiusconsortium.org
Thu Jun 16 11:47:15 EDT 2016

Chris,

You will need to get a list of record ID's. Record buckets use record ID's.

The easiest way to do that would be a SQL query.

Something like this:

select distinct record, isbn from
(
select record,regexp_replace(value,$$\D$$,$$$$,$$g$$) \"isbn\",value
from metabib.real_full_rec where
record in
(
select record from asset.call_number where
not deleted and
label=$$##URI##$$
)
)
and
tag=$$020$$
and
record not in(select id from biblio.record_entry where deleted)
) as a
where length(isbn) in(10,13)
and
isbn in
( COMMA SEPARATED ISBN LIST )
order by 1;

The above query has a section "COMMA SEPARATED ISBN LIST"  where you
will have to fill in your list like this:

'4412349854',
'2390340943',
'2390340943345',

This will return record id's that have scoped 856 URLs. If your records
do not have scoped 856's, then you will need to remove this section of
the query:

record in
(
select record from asset.call_number where
not deleted and
label=$$##URI##$$
)
)
and

Once you have your record ID's, then you may as well delete them in SQL
(make sure the list looks correct)

Delete query:

delete from biblio.record_entry where id in( LIST OF IDS );

-Blake-
Conducting Magic
MOBIUS
573-234-4513