[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Batch deleting records

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlcstaff.org
Thu Jun 16 17:09:53 EDT 2016

On 06/16/2016 05:04 PM, Josh Stompro wrote:
> While we are on this subject.  What is the proper way to delete items,
> then volumes/call number, bibs via sql?  I’m looking at deleting ~3000
> withdrawn copies after we grab the ones that are last copies to tell
> OCLC about.  I would rather not use the staff client since it seems to
> have problems with that many records at once.

The best way is to use Perl to communicate with the OpenSRF services and
to use

OpenILS::Application::Cat::AssetCommon->delete_copy

With the proper options, it will delete empty call numbers and bibs for
you as well as return a list of holds that need to be retargeted if
any copies remain.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlcstaff.org

Please note my new email address.