[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Bug Squashing Volunteers to test 2.10 beta release

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri Mar 4 15:45:20 EST 2016

Hi all!

It's a little late in the day (but not too late for our West coast
colleagues), but, now that some of the MassLNC Sandboxes have been freed
up, I have loaded a clean version of 2.10 beta release on our mlnc3 Sandbox.

If somebody wanted to jump into Bug Squashing Day, but didn't know what
they should do, or if others are looking for something different to do,
I would like to extend an invitation for some volunteers to do a general
testing of the beta release and report any new bugs that may have been
missed by the automated tests or by the initial review of our new 2.10
features.

Here are the steps to follow:

1. Go through some of the test cases we have on our Evergreen wiki. We
have some test cases with links to other samples at
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=qa:eg_test_cases. These test
cases mostly cover circ, cataloging and the client. I also highly
recommend that people look at acquisitions, serials, and other areas of
the system.

2. If you find a new bug, report it for us in Launchpad so that we have
an opportunity to address it before the full 2.10 release.

This server is available at http://mlnc3.mvlcstaff.org/eg/opac/home and
you can download a client at
http://mlnc3.mvlcstaff.org/updates/manualupdate.html. The admin login is
admin / evergreen123. You can also use a variety of Concerto logins
listed at http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=qa:concerto_logins.

I'll keep it available for testing until we have a new 2.10 community
demo server available at
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=community_servers.

If you do any of this testing today, please let me know so that I can
give you the proper credit with the rest of our Bug Squashing Day
statistics at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/146INC7zd4OkujfrFsVtCtHM52D33ZPIiIfQPSFcYwU8/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you!
Kathy