[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Knight Foundation Grant

Jim Taylor jtaylor at jtdata.com
Wed Mar 16 17:33:17 EDT 2016

All of them sound like good ideas but I am ESPECIALLY interested in the bootcamp idea (and options to avoid having to install Evergreen for such purposes).  I would probably even be willing to pay my own way so definitely would attend if travel was covered.  I would like to contribute code but so far all of my other commitments have kept me from sorting it out on my own.  If I had a place to go so I could get away from my desk for a few days and learn how the process works I would definitely show up.

Jim

My questions related to the bootcamp idea are:

* Does this sounds like a good idea?
* Are there people who would be willing to help out as instructors/mentors for the bootcamp? This isn't a firm commitment, but, if I hear crickets on this question, I know it's not something we should pursue further. Also, please note, my idea is that any travel expenses related to the bootcamp would be covered by the grant.
* I also would love to have some volunteers willing to help me plan for the bootcamp, but, if there is sufficient interest in the first set of volunteers, I will also tap people directly with this request.
* If we get positive answers from the first two questions, are there ways we can improve upon this idea?

Thanks to everyone who read this far in my e-mail. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Kathy