[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding a new book covers module to Evergreen master

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Mar 17 10:01:05 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 3:41 AM, Linda Jansova <skolkova at chello.cz> wrote:
> We have been awarded a grant to create a module which would add book covers
> from Czech provider http://obalkyknih.cz/ to Evergreen.

Congratulations!

> However, as we have not submitted code yet, we are a bit unsure about which
> steps should we take to have it included in the master. Could you please let
> us know how it works or how we should proceed once our module is ready?

A guide to contributing to the Evergreen project can be found here:

http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=contributing

That's a lot to digest, of course; some initial steps I recommend you
take to get started are:

[1] File a bug on Launchpad (https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen)
with details about the proposed book cover integration. Set the bug's
importance to "Wishlist", as it will be a new feature.

[2] Read the instructions at
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:git and have whoever
will be writing the code submit their SSH public keys so that they can
push code to the Evergreen working Git repository.

[3] Have a look at the existing added content modules
(Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/WWW/AddedContent.pm and
Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/WWW/AddedContent/* in the source).

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt