[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Should we schedule another IRC practice time?

Ben Shum ben at evergreener.net
Mon May 9 13:28:07 EDT 2016

It's a reasonable question and one we should continue to evaluate over
time.

One reason we did not always like products like gotomeeting, etc. was cost.
While community volunteers could grant access to their organizations
resources, the community itself never decided to spend money on platforms.
Freenode IRC is free to use.

Another reason is cross platform compatibility; some of us used Linux
workstations and these did not always play nicely with those applications.

After this many years on IRC, it's second nature to me, but I also see the
value considering alternative solutions if we can work through all the
logistics and continue to keep barriers of access to a minimum.

-- Ben

Sent from my Nexus 6
On May 9, 2016 12:01 PM, "scott.thomas at sparkpa.org" <