[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 856 9 - for suppression - timing

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Thu May 19 17:31:44 EDT 2016

Hello, we have been using the trick of using 856 subfield 9 set to a non visible org unit to try to suppress certain records from the catalog and z39.50 results.  I think it works, but whenever I try and test it I cannot get it to work immediately.  I'm assuming that the visibility of the record is cached somehow?  Is the cached data that causes the delay located in the memcached server?  Can anyone give me pointers of what to look for if I want to try and clear it out manually by querying the memcache server?

Thanks
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110