[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Opac Visibility Issues - asset.opac_visible_copies was: 856 9 - for suppression - timing

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Fri May 20 11:26:13 EDT 2016

Hello, I figured out what our problem was.  We had bad data in asset.opac_visible_copies, I think it was from our test load maybe.  So we had some records that had no visible copies (only one copy that was marked not visibible) that had 6 entries in the asset.opac_visible_copies table.  So no matter what I did, I couldn't get it to not show up in the catalog search results.

To fix it I followed the notes from commit c1155bee5400 [1], which say to run "SELECT asset.refresh_opac_visible_copies_mat_view();" to clear and rebuild the table.

After fixing this we don't need to even bother with the 856 hiding trick, it just works like we would expect now.  If there are no visible copies, the bib is hidden also.

If there are any migration checklists out there, this should get added to them.

1 - http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=commit;h=c1155bee540027de270580a6a6c1d6078bbd478f

Josh Stompro - LARL IT Director