[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Creating a test database from production data

Brent Mills brent at hoodriverlibrary.org
Thu Sep 1 15:09:16 EDT 2016

Hello,

I’m trying to build up a test server with production data, but we’re a bit tight on drive space at the moment, so decreasing the database’s size any way we can would be great. Plus, it would just be nice to have a smaller dump of some “real-ish” data that we can load into other test environments.

Any hints/pointers toward things that can be stripped away that might bring the database size down? Things that can be truncated without issue for a non-production environment? Auditor, etc? Just thought I’d see what the hive mind is doing.

Thanks!

-Brent

Brent Mills
Systems Librarian | Sage Library System