[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Record webpage and programming documentation?

Linda Jansova skolkova at chello.cz
Wed Sep 7 02:37:01 EDT 2016

Hi,

We are currently developing a module for pulling added content (book
jackets, tables of contents etc.) from our local provider obalkyknih.cz.

In our programming endeavor we have come across an encoding issue which
we have not been able to resolve so far. The thing is all textual added
content gets messed up when shown on a record webpage. Our programmer
has made a number of tests to make sure that the encoding does not go
wrong in the module we are developing (a list of tests performed is
available at https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1610678). We have
also tested Open Library – when it comes to tables of contents with
diacritics, it is also messed up.

To investigate the issue further, could anyone provide us with any hints
as to:

  *

    how (where) the record webpage actually pulls together?

  *

    how AddedContent.pm methods (which provide the added content) are
    called?

One more question – is there any developer documentation which would
describe Evergreen architecture in more detail available?

BTW could our developer's hint that „interestingly on URL in form
http://evergreen-server/opac/extras/ac/toc/html/r/23225 I could see toc
in correct encoding“ be of any use? It seems to me that if we figured
out what the differences between how data are processed for a record
webpage and for the sample URL above, we could actually hit the nail on
the head...

Thank you in advance for sharing any clues!

Linda