[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Web Staff Client Translation Mystery

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Thu Sep 29 15:07:52 EDT 2016

Hi all

we have a great opportunity to arrange  the long  term  project workshop
starting next week in which  students of Information science at Charles
University of Prague will write  Czech documentation for Evergreen web
staff client.

Unfortunately when we launched  web staff  client in order to test it,  the
interface turned out to be almost untranslated.
When trying to trace the roots of the problem we have identified two areas:

1) Some language strings remain untranslated even if there is no reason why
they should not be translated (according to our limited knowledge). The
strings in tt2 files seems to be O.K., translations are available in the
web staff client localization file
(/openils/var/data/locale/staff/cs-CZ.po) and translation in the OPAC on
the same Evergreen installation are being applied smoothly   (for details
see https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1629078).  Moreover, some
minor parts of the web staff client are shown  translated  -  which is a
real mystery.
We are not sure  whether there is any other settings (or whatever else) to
be  done for the web staff client proper localization except the
localization settings in Apache?

2) Some portions of translation of the  web staff client are untranslated
because the translation strings are not part of the cs-CZ.po localization
file. As they are not in the "webstaff" translation template in Launchpad
at all, I wonder whether some parts of web staff had not been included to
Lauchpad or whether translation for some parts of the web staff are stored
in any other place then the "staff" directory (similarly as it is for the
current staff client) and the core of the problem lies elsewhere?

Without Czech translation it is pointless to start working on Czech web
staff client documentation (which mean we will probably miss the
opportunity arrange the student project workshop) so we would really
appreciate any quick  help or hint how to solve or patch the problem.

Thanks in advance

Eva

---
Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz
Tel. +420 211 222 409

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cz
Tel.  +420 211 222 410

Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2