[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Meta Records/holds and electronic records

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Apr 5 13:38:59 EDT 2017

Hi Josh,

There is an old bug on the issue where electronic records weren't
displaying on the search results page.

This bug was addressed with the code that reroutes metarecord searches
through the standard search code -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1629108 and is available in 2.12.

I think we want to continue to include electronic resources in the
metarecord group, particularly now that 2.12 has a feature that uses
these groups to provide links to other formats and editions in the bib
record. Although they are not valid for holds, they are valid formats
that users may want to see in the list of available formats and editions.

I think https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1461654 may also be
related to your question. Basically, we don't want to see the MR hold in
the list of holds on records that are not elibible to fill the hold.

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator