[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Configuring Evergreen ILS for SMTP authentication

Jayaraj JR jayaraj at iisertvm.ac.in
Wed Apr 12 00:33:01 EDT 2017

Hello,

Greetings of the Day !

Recently it is observed that mails (hold and predue overdue notifications)
sent from our EvergreenILS server target the SPAM folder of the user. We
advice the users to add filter to unspam the mails, but this does not seems
to a feasible solution.

It is learned that SMTP authentication might avoid this problem and we
haven't configured it. Kindly advice in detail, how to configure evergreen
server for SMTP authentication and do we need to install any other programs
or modules for doing so.

Thanks in Advance

Jayaraj J R
Library Information Assistant