[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Reorganized documentation: proof of concept

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Thu Aug 24 14:06:29 EDT 2017

Jillianne and Jane,

I like what you have done a *lot*. It makes so much sense and is less
intimidating for us cataloger types who shy away from system
administration.

I wonder ... could the concept be taken a step further to include hot
links, in Webby, to a constantly updated HTML version of the
documentation?  I see 3 possibilities.

   - Create a "Documentation" dropdown menu, consisting of all 7 docs,
   alongside of Search | Circulation | Cataloging | etc.
   - Add "Documentation" as a line item in the existing dropdown menus.
   - Ideally, right click on any dropdown menu line item, then have a line
   on the popup window with a context sensitive hot link. OCLC does something
   similar with a "MARC Field Help" hot link to its Bibliographic Formats and
   Standards.

Thanks so much for your great work! +1

Don

--