[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Seeking funding partners to improve access to bilingual/multilingual materials

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Fri Aug 25 11:06:12 EDT 2017

Dear Evergreeners,

Linn-Benton Community College is seeking funding partners to improve
the way Evergreen handles bilingual/multilingual materials.  Equinox
has prepared a quote for us to fix the issue, and we would like to
know if you'd be willing to help us fund this work.

The problem is that Evergreen assumes that each book is in one (and
only one) language.  Currently, for example, our library cannot use
Evergreen to search for bilingual Spanish/English books, as Evergreen
has declared each one to be either English-only or Spanish-only.
Equinox's proposal blows up this 1-language limit, so that patrons and
staff can successfully find those materials.

If you're interested in more details, let me know!

Thanks for considering,

    -Jane

--
Jane Sandberg