[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Error in autogen.sh on Fedora

Rogan Hamby rhamby at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Aug 31 07:50:59 EDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 4:03 AM, Bogna Czyżewska <bogna.czyzewska at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Blake and Jason!
> Blake,
> Thank you for your reply. My goal is to install Evergreen on a server
> available only within a company network. Truth is, Evergreen seems too big
> for handling the +/- 100 books we have, but I wasn't able to find any
> smaller solution that could manage collection browsing and basic
> circulation.

I love Evergreen but when you say you only have about 100 books to manage I
have to agree with you about it being too big.  Evergreen has a lot of
virtues but it's definitely built for solutions that are quite a bit larger
than what you're describing and has some corresponding learning and
administrative curves.  For small libraries and collections you may want to
look at other solutions.  This is an Evergreen list so it's not the place
for anything in depth on other ILSes but I'll mention another open source
one, Koha.  If you have ~100 items and need full holdings and circ Koha
will certainly handle that and plenty more if you see the collection
growing.  It's widely used and has a strong community just as Evergreen
does.