[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] SIP2 - Block certain patrons from authenticating for a particular login - Evergreen End

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 13:06:30 EST 2017

Josh,

It might be better added this to the Evergreen driver, which is ILS-aware,
to avoid pain down the road when SipServer eventually changes.  It could be
driven (heh) by an <implementation_config> chunk in the config file, or
perhaps as a new attribute on the <login> element (where $server->{account}
comes from, IIRC).  This could list one or more permissions required for
patron authz.  The driver could then test for those permissions, and if the
patron does not have any of them (or maybe all of them, or, perhaps,
any/all based on different config locations), the authz request fails.

Thoughts?  Anyone with tuits?

Thanks.

--
Mike Rylander