[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Best Hold Sort Order - System Level Proximity Option?

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Wed Dec 13 12:42:16 EST 2017

Hello, I'm just curious if this is currently possible.  We have one system that wants to fill their holds in FIFO order, but also wants holds from any of their branches to have priority over holds from other systems.  It seems to me that all the owning location aware proximity sort options would prioritize based on a specific owning location.

What they don't want is any one hold for their patrons to be prioritized over another hold for one of their patrons.  I think the hprox, htime and shtime would all give priority to holds that have the same pickup lib as the item owning location.  They float all items, so the owning location doesn't really mean anything to them.

We don't really want to use soft boundaries and the depth sort order because we don't want there to be restrictions set at the time the hold is placed.  We want the system to be more flexible.  But maybe I'm not understanding how that works, and it would do just what I'm asking?

Maybe there could be a new sort option,  hpprox , Owning Library parent to pickup library parent proximity with no adjustments?
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110